WHY USE THE VALLEY PRESS FOR YOUR CLASSIFIED ADVERTISING NEEDS?
For more than 90 years the Antelope Valley Press has been the dominant Classified advertising
marketplace for residents of the Antelope Valley.
We publish more than 600,000 classified ads every year - ads that readers cannot get from
any other source or, in fact, any other combination of sources.
The Antelope Valley Press is delivered to 59,019 readers seven days a week. Our Antelope
Valley Press Express edition is distributed to an additional 111,143 readers every Saturday.
The same ads that appear in the newspaper are uploaded to this web site daily.
- Mention the price. After all, when was the last time you didn't take price into consideration?
Research shows that 48% of the people will not respond to an ad unless the price is advertised.
If you are willing to go down in price, mention that, too. "Or best offer" is another way of saying
- Tell the whole story. Make your ad stand out from the others by giving all the information a buyer needs.
Emphasize outstanding features or brand names. The idea is to sell a product quickly, not write the briefest
ad in the world. Not listing all you can in your ad will cause it to run longer with fewer results.
- Mind your abbr. A few standard abbreviations can help you save space but don't assume that potential
customers are familiar with your personal shorthand. One survey, in fact, showed that 42% of readers
didn't know that AC means "air conditioning."
- Mind the store. While your ad is running, be at the phone number or address where you said you would be.
Be there during the time you have said you can be reached. If no one is home when an interested prospect
calls, chances are he or she won't call back.
Speedy Seller I
Speedy Seller I ads are for noncommercial advertisers offering to sell any personal possession
- Seven days in the Antelope Valley Press
- Seven days on the web
- One day in Antelope Valley Press Express
- Three-line, $40.50 minimum
priced under $500.
The price must appear in the ad. Items with commercial intent or purpose and garage sales do not
qualify for this rate. There is a three-line, $40.50 minimum and Speedy Seller I ads must run
consecutive editions without copy changes. Early cancellations are accepted, but without rate reduction.
Must be paid in advance.
Speedy Seller II
Speedy Seller II ads are for noncommercial advertisers offering to sell any personal possession
- 10 days in the Antelope Valley Press
- 10 days on the web
- Up to two days in the Antelope Valley Press Express
- Five-line, $55.50 minimum
priced under $2,500.
Items with commercial intent or purpose and garage sales do not qualify for this rate. There is a five-line,
$55.50 minimum. Speedy Seller II ads must run consecutive editions without copy changes.
Early cancellations are accepted, but without rate reduction. Must be paid in advance.
Auto Seller 14 Day Ad + 14 Days FREE
Auto Seller ads are for noncommercial advertisers offering to sell a transportation related item.
- 14 days in the Antelope Valley Press
- 14 days on the web
- Up to two days in Antelope Valley Press Express
- Four-line, $60.50 minimum
- If the vehicle does not sell within the first 14 days,
we'll run it again for 14 days at no charge.
Items with commercial intent or purpose do not qualify for this rate. There is a four-line, $60.50 minimum.
Auto Seller ads must run consecutive editions without copy changes. Early cancellations are accepted,
but without rate reduction. Must be paid in advance.
GARAGE SALES - Classification 742
- Three days in the Antelope Valley Press
- Three days on the web
- Special classification (742 Garage Sales)
- Free garage sale kit
- Raincheck in case of bad weather on your sale day
- Discount coupon on ad for follow-up sale
- Five lines, $55.50
Price includes a FREE GARAGE SALE KIT.
Each kit contains six weather resistant signs,
60 peel off pricing labels, six directional arrows, marking pen, inventory sheet, tip sheet,
one rain check, and a coupon good for 50% off a follow-up non-garage sale ad to sell any leftover
garage sale items. Additional kits may be purchased for $8.95 each.
VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, AND AMERICAN EXPRESS ACCEPTED
Take advantage of our easy charge policy and use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or
American Express card to pay for any classified order.
|DAY PUBLISHED||LINE ADS|
|Sunday||5:00 p.m. Friday|
|Monday||5:00 p.m. Friday|
|Tuesday||3:30 p.m. Monday|
|Wednesday||3:30 p.m. Tuesday|
|Thursday||3:30 p.m. Wednesday|
|Friday||3:30 p.m. Thursday|
|Saturday||3:30 p.m. Friday|
|AV Press Express||12:00 p.m. Friday|